Why study english with Severnvale Academy?
Our students rate us 4.9 out of 5 as an English language Academy.
FULL DAY EXCURSIONS
Premium leisure resorts, football stadiums, animal parks and more.
TOP SPORTS VENUES
From ice skating to bowling, state of the art pool facilities and more.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Tuition, accommodation, excursions and activities.
Traditional town of Shrewsbury, surrounded by beautiful rural countryside.
Fab food and time to chat, eat as much as you want.
Fun? Yes, because…
- We go to some of the top leisure parks in Britain
- Excursions don’t only mean seeing things – they mean DOING things too
- Full day excursions usually include 2 or 3 different kinds of activity
- EVERYTHING is included in the course price – no hidden extras!
- We use top quality venues for sports, swimming, cinema, football matches and discos
- We have great barbecues – eat-as-much-as-you-want!
You learn? Yes, because…
- We care that learning happens: our teachers are all qualified and enthusiastic, and have experience with and know how to motivate young adults
- We have a very international environment – more than 12 different nationalities
- We’re a small school. Our youth centre is limited to 150 students so that we can know everyone personally
- Classes are small too: the guaranteed maximum is 12 in a class; typically 9 or 10
- Staff monitor every student’s progress, providing individual attention and guidance; we keep spaces open in the higher classes for promotion
- Lessons specifically designed to improve speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- We set homework and we check that it’s done: we give awards for good work and progress
Safe? Yes, because…
- Students are FULLY SUPERVISED throughout the course
- We are the only accredited language school in Shrewsbury, so we have the pick of the best families
- We only use host families we know and trust
- Emergency phone lines are available 24 hours a day
- We give students a full introduction to their stay in England
- All excursions are led by senior Severnvale staff
- Shrewsbury is NOT a big, dangerous city
- Our youth centre is well-equipped and comfortable
English Courses and Junior Centre
We offer two young learner summer English courses:
ACTIVITIES AND EXCURSIONS
It’s important that you have fun whilst studying with us, so we have an extensive activities and excursions programme that runs alongside your tuition. There is a wide range of trips to suit all interests..
We have hosts specially selected for our junior centre programme. Hosts from in and around Shrewsbury who are excited to share their home and culture for the duration of the students’ course. Included are all meals, packed lunches and transport (where necessary). All households are DBS checked and vetted by our Accommodation Manager.
On-site boarding houses provide a range of options including single, double and multiple occupancy rooms. Metres away from the junior centre and facilities, they allow a safe and secure environment for students to study and stay; with additional activities to promote English exchanges. Three balanced meals a day are provided from the purpose-built canteen which offers a wide range and caters for mixed dietary needs. There will be a 24-hour residential team on hand to offer support, advice and make each student feel settled.
Calculate a Course Price
Complete this form to find out how much your course might cost. We can answer any questions you have if you want to tailor the course to better suit your needs and budget.
Meet the Team
Our Team - a perfect mix of experience, personality and motivation which enables our students to really thrive. Read about the people who make Severnvale Academy the success that it is.
Read more about Severnvale Academy, our town, our courses and exams and learn some useful tips for improving your English language skills.