Become a Host Family
We are currently recruiting new host families to provide accommodation for international students in Shrewsbury.
How to become a host family for foreign students?
If you are interested in earning a second income and meeting new people from all over the world, please complete the contact form below and Amy, our Accommodation and Welfare Officer, will be in touch with further information.
As a host family you will need to provide the following:
- Single/ Double bedroom
- A study area in the bedroom or suitable area of the house
- Shelves or chest of drawers for clothes and adequate hanging space
- Adequate heating and lighting
- Bed linen and towels changed weekly
- Breakfast and well balanced cooked evening meal, Monday to Friday
- Breakfast, lunch and an evening meal, Saturday and Sunday
- Laundry of student clothes weekly
Severnvale is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Our recruitment, training and supervision procedures include measures we take to provide protection for these groups. Please note that as part of the application process host families will require reference checks, including the enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for hosting students under 18 years of age.