Host Family Accommodation
Severnvale has a dedicated Accommodation and Welfare Officer who personally recruits and regularly visits our host families. We take the welfare of the students that visit us very seriously and have rigorous recruitment processes in place. All our hosts are native-level English speakers.
The families provide all meals for the
Homestay Accommodation £195 per week
Dietary options (gluten free, dairy/ lactose free) £35 per week
Key Welfare Aspects
Severnvale adheres to a strict policy of staff to student ratios at all times during lessons and on excursions.
Severnvale will provide a private shuttle bus that will pick up the students at the beginning of the day and drop the students back near to their host families at the end of the day ensuring that no student needs to use public transport or walk long distances.
In the event that any student or school leader requires help or assistance at any time, there is a 24/7 emergency helpline that is monitored by the Academy senior management team throughout the duration of the course.
A qualified first aider is always present and on hand during lessons and excursions.
Prices are one way from/to the airport, but they can be shared by students who book their courses together.
Please note that for students under 16, £38 must be added to the transfer price to cover the driver
Birmingham / Manchester / Liverpool airports: £95
Coventry / Nottingham East Midlands airport: £110
London Heathrow/Luton airports: £195
London Gatwick/Stansted/City/Central London: £225
All of our students stay in homestay accommodation with host families
- We work with trustworthy and reliable host-families
- Many of whom have been hosting with Severnvale Academy for a number of years
- Accommodation is guaranteed to be appropriate for the students’ needs, clean and of a high standard
- Access to a desk/study area
- Allergy.dietary requirements/specific requests are met where possible
- Students receive information about the home and family before arrival
- Daily meals included: Breakfast, packed lunch (Monday-Saturday), Sunday lunch and evening meals
What benefits are there to staying with a host family?
- Being welcomed and included as part of the family throughout their stay
- Being looked after and cared for in a safe and friendly environment
- Experiencing English family life, cuisine and culture
- Joining in activities and social events with the family on Sundays and during other “free-time”
Englishlanguage outside of the classroom in “real-life” situations
- Having a single or shared room (with
studentof a different nationality)
- Laundry included
- Private shuttle bus to and from the Academy included
Welfare and Safety
We take great care to ensure the welfare and safety of our students at all times
- All our staff are qualified, trained and have official clearance to work with juniors or vulnerable adults
- All Severnvale staff receive activity and excursion training
- Specialist external supervision where necessary (e.g. canoeing and climbing)
- Self-contained Campus ensures that all students are known personally to all staff
- Trained staff are available to help at any time
Calculate a Course Price
Complete this form to find out how much your course might cost. We can answer any questions you have if you want to tailor the course to better suit your needs and budget.
Meet the Team
Our Team - a perfect mix of experience, personality and motivation which enables our students to really thrive. Read about the people who make Severnvale Academy the success that it is.
Read more about Severnvale Academy, our town, our courses and exams and learn some useful tips for improving your English language skills.
25 Claremont Hill